Tuesday, June 12

What do you mean we have no Jacuzzi?!!


Conversation every morning since June 4th.
Hubby: I just want to hang out by the Jacuzzi and pool today. (towel draped over shoulder)
Crusher of Dreams: Umm sweetie, we don’t have a Jacuzzi or a pool. They wouldn’t let us bring it home from the ship. Remember?
Hubby: Hmm, maybe I can just go next door.
Crusher of Dreams: I don’t think the neighbors will appreciate finding you in their backyard.
Hubby: Yeah and I don’t want to appear on COPS. What about a nice hotel?
Crusher of Dreams: Don’t you have somewhere else that you need to go?
Hubby: FINE! (throws towel on floor) – I guess I’ll just have to go to work then! (stomps out of room with grumpy face)

Cruise life – bad for your psyche when you have to return to reality. Truth be told, I played the dreamer just as often as the hubby since getting back from our cruise. We had a fantastic time! Quick facts: Royal Caribbean, Mariner of the Seas, out of Port Canaveral, and I’m nominating the person who invented the motion sickness patch for sainthood. Ports visited: San Juan, St. Thomas, St, Martin. More later, but for now…

OK. I’ve fallen behind on this whole OCLS 2.0 class and I need to catch up. Let’s look at week #6. I want to start by saying THANK YOU TOM! Not only did you find the service that I’ve been wracking my brain to find for over two months, but you gave me a tool to keep track of it in the future.

I actually joined Guru Library a few months ago and then completely forgot about it. Then I started reading again about different personal cataloging sites and tried to remember GuruLib. I thought I had bookmarked it someplace, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. All I had was a fuzzy memory about entering a few books I’ve read, some CDs and DVDs that I own, and the service provided cover art for me as a visual reminder. Yep – I found something cool and now I can’t find it anywhere. Of course it doesn’t help when you can’t even remember what it was called.
Don’t even get me started with trying to remember the name of it. If I have trouble remembering and I say I think a word started with something, you can almost guarantee that the letter doesn’t even exist in the word. My memory inevitably ends up being like this…
Me: I think the word began with “con”…
Hubby: You mean provisioning?
Me: Yeah that’s it!
Hubby: Con is nowhere in that word.
Me: Uh huh – The con is silent. It’s right there hidden behind pro.
Hubby: Nice try.
(Yes, this is based on an actual conversation and I realize that it’s only going to get worse as I continue to age)

When I started going through week 6 and looked at the eXplore activity – EUREKA! I got my username and password emailed to me for GuruLib and now I can add more stuff. Maybe create a full list of the DVD's at home that are actually ours - sorry sis, I promise I'll watch the movies and get them back to you this decade :-)

I wasn’t very excited about the Adventure activity. I’ve heard about Del.icio.us for a loonngg time now, but never felt a connection to using it until now. After the whole GuruLib hunt and looking to bookmark it – it finally hit me – use del.icio.us to bookmark it and then you’ll have it no matter what computer you’re on. No longer would I have to remember if I bookmarked something while at work or at home. No more - Was it the laptop, was it the desktop, was it the other desktop, was it Explorer, maybe it was Firefox? I can even get to them when I’m not on one of my computers. And the process of importing my existing bookmarks was so easy. WooHoo! Just for fun, I’ve bookmarked PopUrls in my del.icio.us account for whenever I want to see random articles that may spark my interest. Good stuff - or as my nephew would say, "Good times, good times."

3 comments:

Bibliobabe said...

I love the Mariner of the Seas! My grumpy face didn't come from not having a jacuzzi - it came from the brutal realization that no one was going to bring me coffee and breakfast on the balcony. THE NERVE!!!!!!

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

I have had similar post vacation stress disorder symptoms after several vacations. Treatments included researching the cost of housing in Hawaii and calculating the number of jobs it would take to pay for one that cure was almost instaneous! We were both diagnosed with accute Dreaded Island Fever after a trip to Jamaica. We now have to return there atleast once a year to keep the Fever in remission. We are pretty lucky, some of our friends have to go twice a year - man, that is bad!!

Tom

J said...

I hear ya Bibliobabe! And then there's the fact that restaurants on land want to give you a bill - sigh.

Tom, glad to hear your family has your fever under control and that remission lasts for a year. I think we'll be seeking the same treatment. I'm hoping that we can last that long.

Family members are now talking cruise to Alaska for next year.