Wednesday, June 20

Week 7 - Dogster = New Dog

Week 7 of OCLS's Learn 2.0 introduced me to a site called Dogster. While I was purusing this site of all things dog, thoughts of adopting a new member to our family started to take over my brain. As Tom predicted in his comment to post 4-13-07 "Ruth") , I was now ready to hear the pitter-patter of puppy paws. Dogster was very helpful in providing basic information about what to expect when adopting a new puppy - it's been 14 years since we last went through this. I wish I had known about this site before Ruth died. It would have been a great forum to work through the whole process. Now Dogster is a part of my collection of dog related web sites that I will use to seek enlightenment on the ways of the canine.

The Adventure task for week 7 was to research a hobby and find a Web 2.0 app related to it. I came across a web site called Meetup that links people together with a common interest. You can find groups for a wide range of interests here. Everything from car enthusiasts to crafts to movies to role playing games to...

Now only 3 more assignments to complete!!

No comments: