Friday, April 13

Ruth


Ruth at 14
Originally uploaded by jsnole85249.

Ruth, beloved pet and faithful companion for 15 years, has passed on. This picture is from December 2005 when she turned 14. It was so hard to say goodbye after so many years.

We got Ruth from the Humane Society in Charleston, SC when she was just a teeny tiny puppy. She still had the blue eyes of a newborn. Harry, fiance at the time, was busy playing with a young energetic puppy when I spotted Ruth in a cage with two larger puppies playing wishpuppy with her - one had the front left leg and the other the back right leg and they were pulling. I immediately had to take her out of the cage. As soon as I had her in my hand and she looked up at me I knew that there was no way that she was going back in that cage. Thus began our 15 year journey.

4 comments:

Southside said...

So sorry to hear the news. That sure is a long, long time. At least you were with her and she knows you were their for her.

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

I am sorry to hear about Ruth's passing. It is the hardest, saddest and most difficult day,but it does get easier. Dogs add so much to our daily lives, every day is a gift. The one thing that I gained was a greater appreciation for the relatively short time that they spend with us. When you are ready, the pitter-patter of puppy paws can really help. The new one only takes Ruthie's place on your couch, not your heart.
Tom

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. I know how very hard that is. I had a 10 week old kitten that I had to put down. Even in that short of time, she left pawprints on my heart. I still have 3 cats at home, which I lovingly call my furchildren. I can't imagine life without them. I have heard it said that cats and dogs are just children with fur. Yours will forever be in your heart.

Unforgettable JM said...

My deepest sympathy. It was very old. I guess was the best friend ever. We also had a dog, his name was Mozart. A black, wrinkle, shar pei. The first one. Who got all excited every time father called him. The day he passed on, my father cried more than when I left home. What can I say, life if rough!!!

Lo siento.