Tuesday, April 24

Will Guitar Hero take over my life?!

So, I received a PS2 and Guitar Hero for my birthday. It didn't take long for me to accept that I won't be leaving the library to join a rock band anytime soon.

I just started practicing at the very beginner levels this weekend. One of the songs I'm tackling is Cheap Trick's hit Surrender. The good news is that I have been improving slightly each time that I play it. Now I find myself this morning, listening to the radio during my long commute, hearing that today's pick me up song in the morning is what? You guessed it - Surrender. That's when the first signs show themselves. Without realizing it, I am concentrating on Rick Nielsen's lead rather than my usual focus on singing badly with Robin Zander. I'm visualizing the strumming on the guitar controller. What's happening to me?!

I won't even get into my experience with beginning DDR. Let's just leave it at, "Um, I don't think my feet can move that fast!"

If you have any pointers for a true beginner with either of these games, please share. Let's be honest - I need all the help that I can get!

5 comments:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

So I can put you down as one of the entertainers for Staff Day right!

Tom

J said...

Yeah right!
Does the Staff Day Committee have liability insurance for hysterical laughter? Is the Gong Show making a comeback? Do I want to be the #1 humor video on You Tube when Chris captures it on video?
I don't think so, but thanks for asking.

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

hahahahaha!!!! It took me two years of guitar lessons to realize I just wasn't going to be the next Stevie Ray Vaughn!

Unknown said...

I think you should do a webinar and use the jammin' to teach - It should be called FluffyJo's Jams!!

Jason said...

I don't normally play video games, but I have to agree that Guitar Hero II is the greatest thing ever!