Monday, April 9

I Conquered Yahoo Pipes!

Well it was a bit of a battle but I finally understand a bare minimum of Yahoo Pipes :-)
First big help - finding where to get to the Yahoo Pipes interface! They provide some documentation there and links to other tutorials.

I actually ended up using a tutorial provided by ZDNet at http://blogs.zdnet.com/SAAS/?p=280. This tutorial had great screen shots that took you step by step through creating a basic feed for compiling many rss feeds into one.

I created two pipes:
J's Library (all library related news) Take a look
J's Entertainment (all entertainment related news) Take a look

2 comments:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

You ROCK!!! Nice job! Would you suggest changing the tutorial link to the ZD tutorial?

Tom

J said...

For the audience I think that the ZD tutorial may be easier to follow. I really liked the full picture of the interface to understand what was going on and what I was doing.