Friday, April 6

Grokker Searching

Hey there again! I just tried out a search on Grokker and it was pretty cool. My search term was "text messaging". Going through the links I saw that the majority dealt with cell phone companies selling or giving user information for text messaging. What I was really looking for was information on how people are using it. I finally found a few links near the bottom of the list.

What was great about Grokker was trying out the "Map View". It clustered the items into groups and there was one specifically for "News" that had the links that I really wanted. Much faster than going through an entire list. Yea! So now I'm going to read about what the UK is doing. Do wanna read about it too? Well come on - Text.it

I'm going to try out Yahoo Pipes eventually too. Just read through a tutorial and had a full blown HUH? moment. Reading doesn't seem to be the best learning style for me with this one. I'll have to try something else. Luckily, in previous learning style assessments I've come out fairly balanced although lean more toward watching and doing. Guess I have some experimenting ahead of me...

No comments: